August 22, 2012

Happy Birthday [little] Dinosaur!

Rowan turned two yesterday and to celebrate, we had a few family and friends over for a party!
I chose a dinosaur theme because Rowan is in L-O-V-E with them.  Here are a few things I put together:


Dinosaur tracks to the front door.


Paper pinwheels.  The plastic pinwheel handle is from Martha but I changed up the paper to suit my colour scheme.



A custom birthday shirt, which he refused to put on until right before cake-time. 

Dinosaur nest cupcakes.  Really easy to make!  After smoothing brown icing (could be chocolate, mine was just a buttercream dyed brown), I piped green icing with a grass tip and 'laid' (teehee) three yogurt covered almonds for eggs.  The R-O-W-A-N is paper taped to toothpicks.  I used my Cuttlebug and the 'Olivia' alphabet set to cut out the letters.


The cake!  I love that you can rent different shaped pans from Bulk Barn, otherwise I would need a second house for all the pans I'd have to buy!


For some birthday fun, I kept it simple and only planned one activity.  A dinosaur egg hunt!  Well, dinosaurs and candy :)  Rowan loved his dinosaur 'babies'.  He cuddled them as if they were real and gave them kisses.


A friend of mine gave Rowan a ginormous dinosaur colouring book for his birthday.  So a few sheets went up on the wall for an art break before dinner.  Between a 1, 2 and 4 yr old, only one line of crayon got on the wall!  I'd call that a success.


Rowan thought our 'Happy Birthday' singing was utterly hilarious.



Yummy-yum-yum!  Happy Birthday, my little dinosaur!

No comments: