December 1, 2011

Little Lumberjack Jacket


Every now and then, if you're an avid sewer (and perhaps even if you're not) you'll come across a length of fabric that just begs to be made into a very special project.  I received a bundle of unwanted items from my Grandma's extensive stash.  As soon as I saw this red plaid wool blend, I knew what I had to do.


Rowan needed a lumberjack jacket. 


And it had to have a fuzzy, faux sheepskin hood.


And lined with brown houndstooth flannel.


I used The Urban Hoodie as the base for this project with several modifications.  I'm pretty sure I want to make this jacket again next year, and when I do...the hood will be bigger.  It is, as my friend Jenn would call it, a 'show hood'.  Meaning it looks great, but does not preform its required hood duties.

Even still, it's cute.  I like it. 

Happy December 1st!  Today is Christmas decorating day at our house.  Except, we're kind of busy, so I'm not sure if it will get done.  Perhaps I'll hang a wreath so I don't feel entirely defeated :)

No comments: