March 9, 2011

A Tale of Two Pillows

Besides painting, I think one of the easiest and most satisfying ways to perk up a space is to make some new pillow covers.



























I made these two for a friend (probably my weirdest birthday gift ever); the smaller one is the hourglass pillow pattern (scroll down to almost the bottom) from Amy Butler. 

Front and back of the hourglass pillow

This was my first time making and using covered buttons.  Pretty cool!  Although, I wish the instructions suggested gluing the button together before sewing them on.  I had to preform an emergency reattachment with the glue gun.



For the larger striped pillow I just made a simple slip cover. 

Now that I'm done those pillows, there are a few around my house that could use an update.  Oh what fun!

No comments: